Medicaid patients can and should have access to medications that are medically necessary. This section has approved drug lists and other regulations.
The Illinois Medicaid program covers prescription drugs, as well as some over-the-counter (OTC) products, made by manufacturers that have a signed rebate agreement with the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Some prescription drugs and OTC products require prior approval from HFS before reimbursement.
Notices and Announcements
Preferred Drug List (PDL)
Preferred Drug List Process
- Class Review Schedule
- Drugs and Therapeutics Advisory Board
- Drugs and Therapeutics Advisory Board Meeting Minutes
- Instructions for Submission of Clinical Information
- Manufacturer Contact Form
- Medical Assistance - Supplemental Rebate Offer Form
- Preferred Drug List Background
- Preferred Drug List Process
- Public Speaking Guidelines
- Public Testimony Registration and Conflict of Interest Disclosure Form