Skip to main content

Parents Home Page

The Illinois child support program is for families. We know how important it is for children to receive financial and emotional support from parents, and we know how important it is that parents are treated fairly and get answers to questions. Your family, and your experience with our services, is important to us. It is our goal to be responsive to you, and to provide you with excellent customer service.

Establish Paternity

We can help you establish paternity 

To Enroll for Service

Fill out an application or call 1-800-447-4278 for assistance.

Note: Child Support services are available to any parent who needs assistance in establishing legal parentage, establishing child support or medical support, or enforcing support.

On-line Services

If you have an active child support case you can access your:

IL Debit MasterCard™ and Direct Deposit

There are two quick and convenient ways to receive your child support electronically from the State Disbursement Unit (SDU). They are Direct Deposit and IL Debit MasterCard™.

  • Direct Deposit allows a custodial parent the option of having funds deposited to a checking or savings account of his/her choice. 

  • IL Debit MasterCard™ is a bank debit card; funds are deposited to the cardholders account and can be accessed and/or utilized anywhere MasterCard is accepted.

For additional information, please visit the SDU website

Pay by Phone

  • 1-866-645-6348

There is a registration process for first time users. Once registered, you can make your child support payment using Visa, MasterCard or Discover. Your payment may take up to seven business days to be posted to your child support account.

How to Change your Address

It is critical that you change your address with the Post Office serving your ZIP code, so the Post Office can forward your mail to your new address.

How to Change your Name

If you wish to change your name, you must mail or fax a written request that includes your previous name and your new name along with legal documentation of your name change.

How to Request a Modification

An order for support is eligible for a modification review every three years, or when there is a significant change in the needs of the child or the non-custodial parent's income. Before a case can be submitted for modification, a review is conducted to verify balances, non-custodial parent's employment status and other pertinent information.

Permanently Disabled Children - past the age of emancipation

Undelivered Payments Service

The Department of Healthcare and Family Services places payments and refunds on hold when problems are encountered with mailing addresses. To find out if we are holding payments or refunds for you, please click on the link below or call 1-800-447-4278.

Para informacion en Español llame gratis al Centro de Servicios al Cliente al 1-800-447-4278. Si usa teletipo, llame al 1-800-526-5812. Las lneas se atienden de lunes a viernes de las 8:00 a.m. a las 4:30 p.m., excepto das feriados.