Skip to main content

Beware of scams. Illinois will never ask you for money to renew or apply for Medicaid. Report scams to the OIG fraud report website or the Medicaid fraud hotline at 1-844-453-7283/1-844-ILFRAUD. 

Request a Modification

How do I get my support order modified?

An order for support is eligible for a modification review every three years, or when there is a significant change in the needs of the child or the non-custodial parent's income. Before a case can be submitted for modification, a review is conducted to verify balances, non-custodial parent's employment status and other pertinent information.

Please keep in mind that the attorney presenting the case in court must be able to prove the non-custodial parent's ability to pay. If not, it is possible that the support payment may be lowered. If you feel your order needs a modification review, you may request a review by contacting the Maximus Customer Service number (1-888-245-1938) or by submitting a letter of request to your Regional Office.

Please Note: Under the provisions of 705 ILCS 5/710(c), the department is prohibited from addressing the issues of visitation, custody or monetary issues outside the payment of child support. You may wish to consult with legal counsel of your choosing to address these issues.

For assistance or app support, please contact us at 1-888-245-1938.

Certification of Income and Expenses

After requesting a modification on your case, a Certification of Income and Expenses form (HFS 2782) will be included with the packet you receive. Please fill this form out as completely and accurately as possible and return within 15 days.

Child Support Modification Mobile App

The Child Support Modification Mobile App is now available in the iTunes App Store and the Android Play Store. Key features of the app include the ability to:

  • Monitor your modification status

  • Request a call from a child support specialist

  • Send and receive secure messages

For registration assistance or app support, please contact us at 1-888-245-1938.