1115 Demonstration Waiver – Behavioral Health Transformation 5-Year Extension
The Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services (HFS) is seeking a five-year extension of the Behavioral Health Transformation Section 1115 Demonstration (Project Number 11-W-00316/5) approved by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). Pursuant to CMS federal rules for section 1115 demonstrations at 42 CFR 431.408, HFS is providing notice that the proposed draft extension application and other related materials are available for review and public input for a minimum 30-day period starting May 12, 2023, through June 12, 2023. All published public notices required by federal rules at 42 CFR 431.408 (that is, abbreviated, full, and tribal notices) are also listed below. As described in the extension materials, the demonstration will be renamed the “Illinois Healthcare Transformation Section 1115 Demonstration” for the requested extension period.
- Final Pending Application
- Temporary Extension Approval Letter
- Extension Completeness Letter
- Draft Extension Application
- Draft Preliminary Interim Evaluation Report
- Abbreviated Notice of Public Hearing - published May 12, 2023
- Full Public Notice - published May 12, 2023
- Tribal Public Notice - published May 12, 2023
- 1115 Public Comments and Responses
Other Public Notice Documents
Public Comment Process
Submission of Public Comments:
Any interested party may direct comments, data, views, or arguments concerning this proposal by June 12, 2023, through the following methods:
- Email to HFS.BBPC@Illinois.gov; or
- Mail to:
Division of Medical Programs
Department of Healthcare and Family Services
201 South Grand Aveue East, 3rd Floor
Springfield, IL 62763
Individuals who wish to obtain a copy of the demonstration application and related materials for review and comment during the 30-day public comment period, may obtain a copy from the above address.
Three public hearings will be held to solicit input on the proposed extension:
Public Hearing One:
May 19, 2023
1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
Illinois Department of Transportation
Hanley Building Conference Center - Auditorium
2300 S. Dirksen Parkway
Springfield, IL 62764
Public Hearing Two:
May 22, 2023
10:00 am to 12:00 pm
University of Illinois Chicago - College of Pharmacy
833 South Wood Street - Room 134-1
Chicago, IL 60612
The first two public hearings will be held in-person only. The third public hearing will be held via audio conference only.
Public Hearing Three:
May 25, 2023
10:00 am to 12:00 pm via WebEx
Please Register at the following link: https://illinois.webex.com/weblink/register/rd11246f9d640a2caabbf0cf3c3881cae
Other Pertinent Hearing Information:
- Attendees must sign in at the registration desk outside of the public hearing location.
- People who want to provide oral testimony should indicate their intentions during registration and are encouraged to submit a written copy of the testimony at that time.
- Written testimony from individuals choosing not to speak also will be accepted during the registration period.
- Speakers will be heard on a first come, first serve basis.
- Individuals giving oral testimony should limit their comments to three minutes.
- Organizations are asked to select one spokesperson to present oral testimony on their behalf and will be asked to limit their comments to five minutes.
- To assist the orderly conduct of the hearing and ensure that the opinions of all interested individuals and/or groups are considered, the department may impose other rules of procedure as necessary, including, but not limited to, adjusting the time limit or the order of presentation.
Individuals needing special accommodation, please contact Mary Doran at (217)-524-7436. Each public hearing will have an American Sign Language Interpreter present and the WebEx will have closed captioning.