Skip to main content

Enrollment in the Health Benefits for Immigrant Adults (HBIA) program will be temporarily paused effective July 1, 2023.

Enrollment in the Health Benefits for Immigrant Seniors (HBIS) program will be temporarily paused effective Nov. 6, 2023.

Application For Child Support Services (Title IV-D)

Complete the on-line application for free child support services if you live in Illinois and the dependent child(ren) lives with you. Online Child Support Application

The form is written in English only. If you require the form to be written in Spanish, download and fill out the application, print, and mail it to our office.

Esta forma es escrita en inglés solamente. Si necesita que la forma sea en Espa​ñol, bajar y llenar la solicitud, imprimir y enviarla por correo a nuestra oficina.

NOTE: If you are applying for free child support services, and you live in Illinois, and the dependent child(ren) does NOT live with you, please complete the following application form:
HFS 1283N English Child Support Application for a Parent not Living with the Child/ren (pdf) OR
HFS 1283NS Solicitud Para Servicios de Manutención de Ninos (TÍtulo IV-D) Para el Padre / Madre Que No Vive Con Sus Hijos

  • Complete the online form below. Once you begin the process of filling out the application, you cannot save the document and go back later to finish. If you close the document before selecting the submit button, all information you entered will be lost.
  • Any information that you do not know, please enter “don't know” in the blank.
  • Read the Child Support Program Fact Sheet. It explains the services we provide.

Please make sure you have the following information available before completing this application:

  • Applicant's Information (including Social Security Number)
  • Other Parent's Information (if known, Address, Date of Birth, Social Security Number, Employer, etc)
  • Child's Information (including Date of Birth, Social Security Number)
  • Other Important Information (If you were married-Date of Divorce, State/County & Docket Number)

For every Non-Custodial Parent (NCP), you must fill out a separate application

If you are NOT the biological or legal parent of the child, complete the application HFS 1283A
Application for Child Support Services (Title IV-D) For A Caretaker Who Is Not the Biological or Legal Parent
, or call 1-800-447-4278 for a different application.

Application for Child Support Services (Title IV-D)

* indicates required field